Ansible-cmdb v1.3: a host overview generator for ansible-managed hosts
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
A few days ago I released ansible-cmdb. Ansible-cmdb takes the output of Ansible’s setup module and converts it into a static HTML overview page containing system configuration information. It supports multiple templates and extending information gathered by Ansible with custom data.
The tool was positively received and I got lots of good feedback. This has resulted in v1.3 of ansible-cmdb, which you can download from the releases page.
This is a maintenance release that fixes the following issues:
- Generated RPM now installs on operating systems with strict Yum (Fedora 22, Amazon AMI).
- The default templates (html_fancy, txt_table) no longer crash on missing information.
- Python3 compatibility. (by Sven Schliesing).
- Disk total and available columns have been deprecated in favour of adding the information to the Disk Usage columns. (by Sven Schliesing).
- No longer ignore disks smaller than 1Gb, but still ignore disks of total size 0.
- Minor fixes in the documentation (by Sebastian Gumprich, et al).
- Better error reporting.
For more information, see the Github page. Many thanks to the bug reporters and contributors!