Ansible-cmdb v1.20: Generate a host overview of Ansible facts.
Monday, February 13th, 2017
I've just released ansible-cmdb v1.20. Ansible-cmdb takes the output of Ansible's fact gathering and converts it into a static HTML overview page containing system configuration information. It supports multiple templates (fancy html, txt, markdown, json and sql) and extending information gathered by Ansible with custom data.
This release includes the following changes:
- Support for installation in a VirtualEnv.
- New columns in the html_fancy template for the number of network interfaces and physical disk sizes.
- Improved error reporting.
- Added a "Reset settings" button to the html_fancy template that resets localStorage
- The user that generated the overview and the host it was generated on are now shown in the html_fancy output.
- Various minor cosmetic changes to the html_fancy template.
- Work properly with disk sizes of 0 bytes.
- Host detail information in the html_fancy template can now be collapsed. Use the -p collapse=1 flag to automatically collapse all sections..
As always, packages are available for Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat, Centos and other systems. Get the new release from the Github releases page.
Here's a screenshot of the collapsing host details: